Fast e-bikes require reliable braking performance. The NEW ICE TECH FREEZA with surface coating of the RT-MT900 brake disc by SHIMANO reduces the heat generated on long downhill rides due to the even better heat dissipation. This is made possible by the sandwich construction with an aluminium core between two stainless steel layers and the integrated coated cooling fins. The NEW ICE TECH FREEZA technology ensures rapid cooling while cycling and thus more fading resistance and better disc brake performance. You can always rely on the braking power of the RT-MT900 from the SHIMANO EP8 series, even under particularly demanding conditions.
The SHIMANO brake disc with centrelock magnetic lockring is specially designed for e-bikes with a STEPS drive system for use on the rear wheel with the SHIMANO EW-SS302 speed sensor. For the front wheel, the corresponding RT-MT900 brake rotor without magnet can be used.
- Brake discs from the SHIMANO EP8 series
- With centrelock magnetic lock ring for EW-SS302 speed sensor
- For e-bikes with SHIMANO STEPS drivetrain
- Compatible with SHIMANO STEPS EP8 - DU-EP800 drive unit
- Lightweight aluminium spider
- NEW ICE TECHNOLOGY FREEZA with heat-dissipating surface coating
- Additional cooling fins on the inside
- Low weight thanks to two-part construction with high rigidity
- Reliable braking performance under the toughest conditions
- For organic or sintered brake pads
- Lockring version with internal serration
- Suitable for quick-release hubs (QR) and thru axles with max. Ø 12 mm
- Material: stainless steel, aluminium (disc), aluminium (lockring)
- Weight: 108 g