Intense Tazer MX PRO 2023 - The stone crusher you don't expect
A Bicycle or a Motorcycle? Old-fashioned or innovation?
There are many questions that have been asked about this bike, and many are also our opinions.
The style is unquestionably that of a downhill bike but with an eye to pedalability, it seems gigantic and heavy instead thanks to the frame and the light components (24.9kg total) it manages to keep you entertained even uphill.
Downhill it's a weapon to all intents and purposes, nothing stops it and thanks to the Tuned Suspension System it feels like being comfortable in an armchair while you enjoy the warmth of the fireplace, instead you're at 50 km/h in the woods.
The Tazer MX with its full carbon frame is inspired by motocross and is equipped with components from well-known and recognizable brands such as Öhlins, Maxxis, Magura and ODI.
The SHIMANO EP8 motor with its 3 pedal assist modes allows you to adjust your power and tackle any terrain.
This amazing eMTB is the perfect tool for the Gravity enthusiast with its long-lasting, easy-to-replace battery that lets you tackle more trails than average.
Imagine being in Livigno for 2 days, the Tazer MX allows you to spend a day in the Bike Park and the next immersed in nature during a nice bike ride.
What more could you ask for from such an "Extreme" all-rounder?
The assembly as already mentioned is top notch:
- Frame: carbon fiber front and rear triangle with internal cable routing
- Motor: Shimano Steps EP8, 85Nm
- Display: Shimano Steps LCD, Bluetooth compatible, modes customizable by the cyclist
- Battery: BT-E8010, for Step, 504 Wh. Battery lock with 2 keys and up to 1000 recharge cycles without significant loss of capacity.
- Fork: Öhlins DH38 Race, double crown, 170 mm travel, air spring system
- Shock absorber: Öhlins TTX22M, 155mm travel, high/low compression adjust
But pay attention to the brakes, its motocross inspiration is so accentuated that they have to be mounted inverted.