Bosch 2020; new Performance CX engine and new 625Wh battery
Finally revealed the new CX Performance line engine: 50% smaller size and weight down to 2.9 kilograms. Better integration in the frames and better weight distribution. Thanks to the new internal gear system, the bottom bracket is left much freer, avoiding the feeling of dragging.
Traction will be assured by a traditional 104mm bolt-on crown (direct mount by spider), no longer via the pinion.
Bosch has divided the line into two models:
- Performance Cruise, with maximum torque of 65 Nm and maximum speed of 25 km / h.
- Performance Speed, with 75nm torque for powerful acceleration even with a compact structure.
- New 625Wh powertube battery, thanks to a nominal capacity of 17.4 Ah and an energy content of around 625 Wh, the lithium ion battery allows you to reach maximum range and autonomy. Well protected, the PowerTube 625 is not likely to fall even on the most challenging terrain, but can still be extracted with ease.
Charging using the Fast Charge 6A charger takes place from zero to 50% in just 1.5 hours, while a full charge takes 3.7 hours
- New 400Wh powertube battery, accompanies your elegant city-bike on tours and thanks to its compact dimensions and minimal lines it fits perfectly into the design. The Powertube 400 was instead introduced as an alternative to the 500 for urban bikes and on all those models that do not require a large autonomy.
- Possibility of mounting the double battery. Bosch supplies energy up to 1,250 Wh and can be fitted by the manufacturer in almost any combination. The system automatically switches from one battery to another during charging and discharging. Even with DualBattery, the Battery Management System offers the best protection to avoid overcharging, under-charge, overheating and short-circuit, further increasing battery life.
The DualBattery cannot be combined with PowerPack 300 and PowerTube 400.
The Bosch 2020 Motors line does not stop there and there is a lot of news regarding accessories and compatibility.
The new Smartphone Hub allows hours to connect our smartphone to the Bosch 2020 motors in order to use it as an on-board computer.
Via Bluetooth connection and the COBI.Bike App you can have 2D or 3D navigation maps, interact with fitness apps like Apple Healt, Google Fit or Strava, or entertainment apps like Spotify or Audible to listen to podcasts or music.